Saturday, June 1, 2013

Spiritual Inventory

Eleven days  from now I will be giving my testimony to a large group of teenagers.  Speaking to a large group is not new to me.  Speaking to teenagers is not new to me either.  However, putting all of that together is a rather new experience.

The definition of testimony is a formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law or evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.  What I get from this is, what I share with these teenagers needs to be brutally honest to the point that if I were being judged in the court of law there would be no cause for doubt.  My testimony needs to have detailed evidence and transparent proof that God exists in my life and makes a daily appearance.  

During my Experiencing God Bible study, one of the past units discussed how God speaks through our circumstances.  The study suggested that the participant for a "spiritual inventory" of specific times when a circumstance pointed to God.  I took the study's suggestion and began a time line of events that directed my life to where I am now.  


For now, I have a hand full of the most important events in my life.  These events whether good or bad put me on the path to my current location.  There are many details that I will add to bring more to the story of my life.  Once this timeline is up to date, it will be the evidence I need to be brutally honest with transparent proof.


My timeline was created on a template found in the Microsoft Word schedule templates.  To view my timeline click on the word timeline in this sentence.  I would love to see your Spiritual Inventory.  Comment below if you would like to share.   

No comments:

Post a Comment